Monday, September 10, 2012

Interview with Tricia Ballad - Hydra Games and Beyond!


What genre’s do you write in?
I write a mix of high fantasy and romance.
When you have time to read (?) what do you enjoy? Who’s your favorite author?
I don't have nearly enough time to read! I tend to read mostly on the weekends, when we relax the limitations on video games, so the kids are good and occupied and are unlikely to interrupt me just as I get to the good part. We make a weekly library trip every Sunday, and it's always great to get home and spread out all the books we've brought home. The whole family usually spends an hour or two reading then also. Good times!

What is the coolest thing a reviewer ever said about your work?
I think the best comment I ever got from a reviewer was "Tricia Ballad’s last name is perfect for her. This short story flows like a love song. The cadence is lovely and tempo builds, leading the reader toward the sweet last notes of the melody"

Tell us a little bit about what you are working on now or next?
Right now I'm up to my ears in edits on a game module for Hydra Games. Once that's finished, I'll be working on a novel set in the gaming world.

When will it be available?
 
We're planning a massive release of gaming books, modules, and world novels in 2013.

When do you write? How many hours a day/week?
I write from 5-7am Monday - Friday, and I usually get 3-4 hours on the weekends. Not nearly enough time to write all the stories I'd love to tell!

How do you prepare for a project? Do you work off an outline of your book or write by gut-feel?
I'm a planner. I outline my books within an inch of their lives....and then proceed to blithely ignore my outlines. But the process helps me clarify my goals for the story, the characters and major events.

How can readers connect with you? (Blog, Facebook, email, whatever)
 
I blog about writing and fiction at http://triciaballad.com/. I also hang out with readers on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TriciaBalladAuthor. My email address is Tricia@TriciaBallad.com

4 comments:

  1. Very nice interview. I like her outlining process. 5-7am writing though.... my brain isn't among the living at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not naturally a morning person either, Michael! But it's amazing when you write when you don't have any other time available. Coffee helps :)
      --Tricia

      Delete
  2. I'm always curious what other authors have for their patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the interview. I write from 6:30 at night until around 11 p.m. and then any time on the weekends. I'm really looking forward to playing any game Tricia designs.

    ReplyDelete